Not Open Says Me, But Open Says He

Have you ever had that aha moment--a point when you receive clarity on events in your life?

Yesterday, while jotting down notes for an upcoming chapter in my book, the story came to a place where our protagonist begins to count his many blessings and reflect on the great opportunities that God has given him. As I  named different items for the character, my mind began to dwell on times in my own life where doors started opening for me.

Looking back, I could see the hand of God leading me down certain avenues, preparing me for what He had in store.

I am reminded of a passage in the book of Proverbs:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge
Him,
He shall direct your paths.
(Proverbs 3:5-6, NJKV, emphasis mine)

What a wonderful feeling knowing that God promises to open doors for us, as long we listen to his voice. I find that life's journey is much smoother when we trust and obey.

How about you, what experiences have you had that remind you of God's unfailing love and His tender guidance?

Happy reading,

Michael

No comments: